The History of Camp Hill High School
Camp Hill High School was originally built in 1907 at 24th and Chestnut Streets, adjacent to the current high school. It was a two story, four room school house which quickly became obsolete. Later in 1910 the first students graduated from the Camp Hill School System. After World War II, in 1953, the school was replaced with a new building located across
Chestnut Streetalong S. 24th Street. It is the three story brick structure that forms the skeleton for the current high school complex.
The addition of the new school added many more classrooms and a large gymnasium. In 1960, the high school added a 900 seat all-district auditorium and additional classroom space dedicated to the music and industrial technology departments. Another addition to the school came in 1977 when a new library and instructional media support center were built. Finally, the addition of more classrooms and a new cafeteria came in 2002. The building now houses grades 9-12 and the middle school (6-8) as well. Also located on the high school grounds is the district's
, which sits at S. 27th and Chestnut Streets. Administration Center