'Honor Our Elders' Project 2017-18
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the hundreds of amazing elders who shared their stories!!
Honor Our Elders is an interview/story-writing/song-writing project with all third, fourth and fifth grade students to culminate in a concert and an illustrated keepsake of the students’ stories.
- In the fall, students conducted interviews of elder relatives and Camp Hill community members.
- In Language Arts class students write narrative stories based on their interviews.
- In Art class, students illustrated their stories to create a keepsake for themselves and their interviewee.
- In Music class, students worked with the composer-in-residence team Two of a Kind and Mrs. Dixon, the music teacher, to write a class song inspired by one interviewee’s life experiences.
- On April 5, 2018 the third, fourth and fifth graders presented an Honor Our Elders concert of their original songs, the project theme song (commissioned through a Lion Foundation grant in 2009), a multi-media presentation of interview video excerpts and a reception honoring the Elders involved in the project. Look below for downloadable mp3 recordings from the concert.