Dear students and families,
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year at Camp Hill Middle School! I hope you all are enjoying a wonderful summer filled with vacations, relaxation, fun times with friends and family. It is now time to set our sights on the upcoming academic year. A special thanks to all of the staff who have been preparing the school all summer for your arrival.
The Camp Hill Middle School is a fantastic place to be! We have an amazing staff who are preparing to welcome your students. At the Middle School, our mission is to effectively teach, challenge, and encourage each student to achieve success, while addressing his/her unique developmental needs. We want our students to achieve academic success as well as grow socially and emotionally in a safe environment. We are dedicated to easing the transition from elementary to middle school, and to preparing our students to be successful in high school and beyond. Below are a few things to keep in mind as you prepare to return to school:
- Moving up to Middle School Program for 6th graders: August 18th from 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. We will meet in the MS Cafeteria. Please drop students off at the parking lot entrance. Please do NOT bring items to decorate/set up lockers. We will have plenty of time for that on the first day of school. Please pre-register for this program. Information is available on the website.
- On school days, students will enter the building via the Cafeteria doors or the Auditorium doors at 7:30 a.m. and must report directly to their first period classroom. First period begins at 7:40 a.m. Any students arriving after this time are tardy and must report to the office before going to class. Dismissal is at 2:50 p.m.
- If you plan to leave campus for lunch on the first day, please have a note to turn in to the office. Students may not leave the building without written permission.
- The district is providing a Chromebook for all students. Chromebook pick up is August 2, 3 and 9 from 9 – 3 pm in the MS/HS Auditorium. Please be sure to pick up a chromebook before school starts. See the website for additional details about our 1:1 initiative.
- We will continue to use Schoology as our learning management system. Please be sure that you have a parent account. Visit the middle school website and click on “Schoology for Parents” to sign in.
- The Parent Portal is used to access schedules. Directions for how to sign up for the portal on our District webpage: www.camphillsd.k12.pa.us under the tab “Parent Portal”. If you have any outstanding obligations, you will not be able to access the system. Please contact the middle school office to resolve any obligations.
- Please sign up for a Blackboard Alert account, and select to receive updates from the middle school. We will be using this service to distribute information regarding events. Directions for how to update your account on our District webpage: www.camphillsd.k12.pa.us under the tab “Parent Portal”.
Schedules for the upcoming school year will be available on the parent portal on August 5th after 3:00 p.m. The portal will be locked to all students and families until that time. It was inadvertently open for a few hours yesterday, but it has since been locked so that scheduling can be completed. Please be aware that there may be slight changes between now and the beginning of the year. Students will receive an official schedule on the first day of school. If you have any questions about your child’s schedule, please contact Mrs. Debias, the school counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or the middle school office at 901-2450.
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer, and we will see you on August 29th!
Yours in education,
Mrs. Leslee DeLong
Middle School Principal
(717)-901-2450 ex. 3957