WEDNESDAY MARCH 25th REMINDERS
1. Please make sure students are going into the portal to check their third marking period grade. I have updated all assignments I have received. Please email me any questions by Friday.
- Reminder to AP and Anatomy classes that if you would like to submit your optional study guide to me for 3rd MP credit you can via email or google drive by Friday.
- Reminder to CP Biology - if you would like me to count to power notes and keystones from packet 10 email me the points lost or submit the google form on classroom by Friday.
2. AP Students - reminder that the free live sessions for review start today at 4 pm on the collegeboard site.
3. Please make sure you are checking the webpage folder and google classrom daily so you are not missing important communications. It is my main option for reaching you all right now!
4. My contact info:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google account (sharing only not email) AmyDiehl@camphillsd.org
5. I will be posting new activities next week to keep you excited about science!
Fun Biofact: The worlds smallest snake is the critically endangered Barbados Threadsnake. It was discovered in 2006 and measures approximately 4 in long and weighs .6 g. It can fit on a quarter coiled up. It mainly eats insect larvae in the soil. So cool!!! (for those of you missing my plethora of useless information)
Please scroll down for two documents from the CollegeBoard regarding AP Exam and the live stream courses.
Good morning and I hope you are all doing well.
Just wanted to mention that I did add a couple of assignments below in case you wanted to continue with review or refreshing material. These are still optional and non-graded.
Please make sure you are checking your grades for third marking period.
Just one more reminder that late and make-up work is due by 3 pm today. Feel free to email me questions. Gradebook is up to date and if you do not submit anything, the grade shown is your third marking period grade.
Reminder to CP Biology students - if you want your Chapter 10 packet points you need to submit the number you missed by 3 pm or the grade will stay excused.
Enjoy this beautiful weather today!
Just a reminder that any late work (nothing before 3/6/20) or make-up work from absences is due tomorrow 3/20 by 3 pm to ensure grades are updated and ready to submit for 3rd marking period. You can scan and share with me on google (AmyDiehl@camphillsd.org) or send it to me via email. Please email me with questions. I am checking both of these often and updating gradebook as I get asssignments. If you do not see it in gradebook by 3 pm Monday please email me so I can make sure I received it. Thanks and stay healthy - I am very ready to see all of my classes again!
One of your classmates asked me if they could submit the evolution study guide due 3/25 for credit. I am happy to accept them by Thursday 3/26 at 9 am if you would like me to count it towards 3rd marking period for you in order to have it in your grade. Otherwise it will just be an excused grade and have no negative impact on your marking period. It would be a 40 point grade. This will be the only opportunity to turn it in this year. Scanning it and sharing it on Google with me (AmyDiehl@camphillsd.org) is the easiest way for me to receive it but if you need to email it make sure you use email@example.com
If you would like submit the nervous system study guide due this week for credit you may. I am happy to accept them by Thursday 3/26 at 9 am if you would like me to count it towards 3rd marking period for you in order to have it in your grade. Otherwise it will just be an excused grade and have no negative impact on your marking period. It would be a 35 point grade. This will be the only opportunity to turn it in this year. Scanning it and sharing it on Google with me (AmyDiehl@camphillsd.org) is the easiest way for me to receive it but if you need to email it make sure you use firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are optional asssignments for each class. Many of these I have put on google classroom as assignments simply so each student can have a copy to type on using google docs or the Kami option I showed them last week for PDFs. It does not mean I am actually assigning them which is why they will show as nongraded. Clicking on the link should take you to each one.
I am posting several assignments so they can pick and choose - this is not all meant for one day and they can spread it out over the next few days and I will post more as we go throughout the next two weeks.
In addition we had assignments due this week. At this point, students should hold onto them and we will see where we go in the future. Third marking period has ended 3/13/20 so these would not be included in their 3rd marking period grade. It is possible I will have them submit some of these when they return or online if necessary. I will update once we have a better idea of where we will be in a week or so - just hold onto them for now.
Anatomy and Physiology
- Work on Nervous System Study Guide Packet
- Nervous System Coloring Pages
- Nervous System Review Worksheet
- Bozeman Science Nervous System Podcast
- To practice vocab you can search for a nervous system quizlet
- Spinal Cord Injury Case Study - would need to used Kami for this and also would need to look up some terms in book or online. Just an application of our knowledge.
- Textbook Online info - www.masteringaandp.com/site/login.html username camphillanatomy and password Brainsare1
- Bozeman Science Abiogenesis Video
- Bozeman Science Origin of Life Video
- Worksheets to go with both videos
- Evolution chart for mechanisms of evolution
- AP classroom - I have made sure Unit 1-3 Progress Check MCQ - You will need to login to your account to access this.
- Search for AP Biology quizlets to practice vocab and begin reviewing for the exam.
- Great Transitions - the Origin of Tetrapods Video on how tetrapods are believed to have evolved. Fits well to tie our unit together.
- Textbook online info - www.masteringbiology.com/site/login.html username camphillstudent and password Camphill1
- DOCUMENTS FROM COLLEGE BOARD LINK
- Bozeman Science Population Ecology Video - view and take a few notes
- Human Population Webquest
- What would happen if every human suddenly disppeared - 5 min video ted talk. You can post a comment on our classroom if you would like
- Textbook Online Info - my.hrw.com/index.jsp username envirochill and password envt17
Biology 1 - Period 5
- You can continue working on your incomplete dominance, codominance, and multiple allele problems - no sex linked problems
- Comparison table for inheritance - ignore sex linked inheritance
- Practice worksheet for the three types of inheritance
- Amoeba Sisters Video on general terms and monohybrid crosses if you need some review
- How to solve a dihybrid cross instructions if you need a reminder
- Amoeba sisters video on incomplete dominance, codominance and some other types.
- Textbook Online Info - my.hrw.com/index.jsp username chill2208 and password b9a7s
CP Biology 1 - Period 7
- REMINDER - SUBMIT THIS IF YOU WANT ME TO COUNT IT TOWARDS 3rd MP! Last week I checked 4 power note assignments and 2 keystones in your packet which would have been collected this week and put in for a grade. Since we ended the marking period 3/13/20 it would count towards 3rd marking period. Since I do not have it recorded but would like to give you the chance to have it count towards third marking period I am letting it up to each student if I count it or not - in other words it will be an optional grade. I will put it in as an excused if you do not send me the number of points I took off (marked on the front page of packet and each page of Power Notes) by Friday 3/20 at 3 pm. Be Honest - I will double check them when we return. Use this link to click on the google form and submit it to me: Packet Grade
- Evidence of Evolution table
- Bozeman Science Natural Selection Video
- Natural Selection Video Worksheet
- Evidence of evolution webquest
- You can also go through some keystone biology quizlets - they have them for every chapter if you search and that can begin your review
- Textbook Online Info - my.hrw.com/index.jsp username chill2208 and password b9a7s
Additional Options - Just for Fun or Interest.
These are more general in nature and are just cool videos or interactives for information based around what we have learned so far and maybe even some of what we are learning in the future.
Truly these are just items if you have an interest - not directly listed for any particular class and no expectation you watch any of them.
- Cinnicinati Zoo Home Safari on Hippos - great 22 min video talking about their hippos. Tons of great connections can be made to things we talked about so far especially in evolution and upcoming in ecology. The first 10 min are really great and the young hippo is adorable.
- Cinncinati Zoo Home Safari - Porcupine - 18 min video - again pay attention to those adaptations and connections to the environment/ecology.
- ABC Scavenger Hunt - You can do this just in your backyard if you are ready for some fresh air!
- Cinncinati Zoo Home Safari - Oceleot - almost 20 min video but if you like the cat family it is great for adaptations and natural history of the species.