English Language Development (ELD) Courses
English Language Development Support
Students at all levels will have an English Language Development (ELD) support period. During these classes, students will receive assistance in acquiring the language skills needed to be successful in their content classes (Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies). Students will also continue to improve upon conversational English skills.
Students will be responsible for completing ELD assignments during their support period. Students will have weekly grammar assignments, in addition to reading, writing, speaking, and listening assignments. These assignments will be graded, and will be part of your general English class grade. This is a change from previous years.
This year the district will be using Schoology for all classes. ELD graded assignments will be posted in Schoology under your general English class. There will also be an ELD course page, which we will use for daily attendance check-ins, announcements, and messaging.
- Students will communicate effectively in English for social and instructional purposes within the school setting.
- Students will communicate information, ideas, and concepts necessary for academic success in the content areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Students will demonstrate growth in English reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
1. Students will show their Camp Hill Lion PRIDE by embracing these values:
2. Students will participate in all ELD activities meaningfully, whether in person or remote.
3. Students will be prepared to learn each class period, whether in person or remote.