Previous users of this site will notice that the site has changed. You are still able to search for books by your child's independent and instructional reading levels. You can also search for books by subject or area of interest. If you're unsure of your child's guided reading level, please contact your child's classroom teacher or Mrs. Carter for more information. Books are offered for sale on this site, but there is no cost to search for leveled books. You can also make an account for this site, which allows you to save books in a book list for later use.
Here's how to use Scholastic Book Wizard.
1. You can type a title you have in the search box to see its level. You can click on the leveling chart to see levels for each grade level. Keep in mind that every child is different and will reach each level in their own time. The point is to make progress!
2. Click "Get recommendations" to find books at a level or a range of levels you would like to read.
3. Click "Reading Level". Click "NEXT".
4. Click "Guided Reading". Click NEXT".
5. Use the drop down menus to select a level or range of levels. Click "NEXT".
6. Click "fiction" or "nonfiction". Click "NEXT".
7. Select subjects you are interested in. Click "NEXT".
8. Select genres you are interested in." Click "View results".
9. To get more books on your list, click more subjects or genres.
10. Your results will give you a list of books you can look for at the library or in your collection at home!